|1. Bisector and inline stays to be 2.0m apart.
2. One stay - to be attached at the middle phase.
Two stays - to be attached at the top and bottom phases.
Three stays - to be attached at the top, middle and bottom phases.
3. For shielded structures, the top stay to be attached to the shield wire.
4. Stay wire 7/4.00 stay wire 1100MPa UTS of 96kN for MV lines.
Stay wire 19/2.35 stay wire 1100Mpa for HC lines.
Stay rod to be 24mm diameter, 2.4m long, planted 2.2m deep for HC lines.
Stay rod to be 20mm diameter, 2.0m long for MV lines.
Stay plate to be a minimum of 450mm x 450mm x 6mm thick for HC lines.
Stay plate to be a minimum of 350mm x 350mm x 6mm thick for MV lines.
Stays to be planted at 45 degrees to vertical.
5. Shield wire assumed to be 7/3.35 shield wire 1100MPa.
6. Factor of safety used on concrete poles is 2.5 as per the OHS Act.
7 Use 10kN post insulators on intermediate structures.
Use 33kV 10kN post insulators for HC lines.
Use 22kV 4kN post insulators for MV lines.
8. Side ties for appropriate conductor size to be used.
9. Everyday tension 20% of UTS at 15 degrees celsius.
10. Bisector stays may be splayed 5 degrees of bi-sector.
11. Construction load on conductor max 40% UTS.