High capacity slab reinforcing using non-welded SteeleMat
Benefits of SteeleMat
- Installation time is reduced by up to 80% by simplifying material handling.
- Substantial time savings are realised by the use of rebar roll mats such as SteeleMat, in concrete slabs, compared to the placing of loose bars or standard welded mesh.
- Using SteeleMat speeds up the building time and reduces overall craning time with increased slack time hosting.
The advent of intelligent reinforcing systems and fixing
- The bar size can be from 10mm up to 32mm and bar spacing can be from 50mm up to 450mm.
- SteeleMat bars can be staggered reducing wastage on overlaps.
- The length of the bars can be from 2.4m up to 12m. the length of SteeleMat is dictated by craning capacity. (Max 5 tons manufactured).
Fixing into position
- Top and bottom steel is supported by lattice girder manufactured by Steeledale Reinforcing.
- Steel is tied at 1m intervals using a high speed tying gun.
- Apart from the speed of installation, this system and fixing method is beneficial in terms of on site health and safety standards.